Thursday 20 November 2008

Dear BBC...

For the past couple of weeks, I've been developing an Obsession. It started a good few months ago actually, when a good friend of mine introduced me to Karl Pilkington. Now, another good friend and subsequent blogger, Alex, has already written a blog about Karl, so I won't do another. For the short facts though, here goes. Karl Pilkington is an unwilling celebrity who found fame (or rather fame found him) when he became the unlikely star of 'The Ricky Gervais Show' podcasts, hosted by himself, Ricky Gervais, and Steven Merchant. He is, in all fairness, an Idiot.

However, these shows have given me an ambition, nay, an Obsession.

I now love the radio. I study it at university, I am almost involved in my Local radio at Uni, and Grace has (kind of) got me a part in my other local radio station at home. All I can think about is the radio. I want to be on it. No watershed. No dressing to please. And most of all, people can acess it from where ever they are, at any time.

So please, if you're reading Mr. BBC man, please give me a job on the radio. And if not, watch this space...

This is Laurence Whitaker reporting for Radio One...(I wish)

No comments: